Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tech Support

Turned on the computer first thing this morning and noticed something strange; the AOL messenger windows that routinely annoy me upon booting up this beast were not staring at me as they normally do every other morning. Without thinking anything of it, I opened up IE and prepared to post my blog entries for the morning.

Only thing was, I couldn't connect...to anything. I managed to post later from an undisclosed location but upon arriving home found that the situation had not improved here at home. This simply wouldn't do.

Upon finally scrounging up the Verizon customer service number, my tech support call was handled courteously and fairly quickly given the several steps needed to solve the problem. Frankly, given the day I'd had and my usual experience on such "customer service" calls I was very surprised. Pleasantly so.

So kudos to Verizon. My gal knew exactly what to do, how to walk me through the process and do it quickly and painlessly. A minor thing, I know but in a world of automated menus and unfriendly service, a welcome occurrence!

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here