Monday, July 24, 2006

Apologies All Around

Two weeks ago, I took a vacation and before I left I mentioned to Paul that upon my return I would be making more time to blog. Since my move last November I just haven't been able to find a way to integrate it into my daily life due to my new job and with everything going on in my new home. But I was committed. And I made a commitment to Paul.

And as luck would have it, just as I was returning from vacation, Paul was leaving on his trip. Time for me to put my money where my mouth was.

And then...a curious thing happened on my way to the My Dogs offices (which are located in a humble, yet terribly chic loft complex just outside of Torrance, CA): I got sick.

No, not just a little sick. Not just *sniff, sniff* sick. But like, SICK. Acquired some sort of nasty stomach flu or something. My aunt Helen is suffering with the stuff, too. It's apparently going around the area as my cousin knows several stricken families amongst her network. I'll spare you all the details, but I was basically out of commission from Tuesday through Sunday. it's pretty scary when it's 107 degress out and you've got the chills so bad that you turn off the AC and put on a sweater. I remember looking outside at all the wilting plants and thinking how insane this was. In fact, I didn't really eat anything from Wednesday through Saturday. Lost 8 pounds.

Now while those are the kind of results that would make even Jenny Craig jealous, they were hard earned pounds. In fact, despite the success, I don't think that kind of program is commercially viable. Bummer.

Anyway, I owe you, our whithering audience, an apology. And even more importantly, I owe Big Dog an apology. He had entrusted the Blog to me and I simply wasn't able to keep the lights on. So my apologies to everyone.

I can be trusted. Really.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here