Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ignorant and irrelevant

Lots of people have taken shots (this being the hardest in my opinoin, though it goes beyond dealing with Stein alone) this last week at Joel Stein and his column in the LA Times. I haven't, in part for the same reason I haven't done a lot of things around here--I don't have the time.

I've had thoughts I wanted to post but couldn't get the opportunity to write them down. Frankly, I think thats turned out to be a good thing. As the week has progressed I've come to think it undeserving of much of the attention it's gotten.

Why is that? Well, the utter ignorance of the subject matter renders him, and the piece, completely un-serious. This profile of Stein as well as the much-publicized interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt reveal a character that is entirely ignorant of the subject matter and doesn't appear to try and hide the un-serious nature of his commentary.

Dealing with it as serious commentary is pointless. The author didn't, why should we?

It would be like me, who hasn't taken a math course since my junior year of high school writing a piece pontificating on the merits, or lack thereof, of Einstein's theory of relativity. My ignorance disqualifies me from serious consideration on the matter.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here