Friday, January 26, 2007

When Harry met Starbucks

After an early-morning appointment yesterday, I indulged with a quick stop at Starbucks on my way out of town. Once upon a time, Starbucks was a daily destination...a morning experience not to be missed.

Yesterday, it was like stepping into the movies. Sally was standing at the counter as I came in and I knew I was in for it before I moved into line behind her.

"...Yes, a pomegranate juice. I'd like a coffee...which is better?...okay, the Gold Coast...a Venti Gold Coast but I want it with a shot of espresso. Which would you recommend...?" On and on for four orders.

I lost my patience, backed out of line and wandered the store pretending to look at merchandise. Two more customers stepped in front of me and still she ordered.

By the time she was done, I was ten minutes later than I otherwise would have been but finally relieved. Though not quite satisfied.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here