Wednesday, May 03, 2006

In front of God and everybody

Somehow while posting this, I neglected to include anything about this. I hadn't actually seen the play and neglected paying much attention to the post-game pontifications. Only later in the day did it dawn on me that it was something requiring a comment.

From Kobe's best-friend: "I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual."

For local consumption, it was more like this:

"I was cool through four games of this series, man," Bell said. "No beefs, all right. Whatever. If you’re going to keep hitting me in my face and then talking like you’re not doing it on purpose, there’s a reason both my cheeks are bruised right now and I can barely open my jaw. All right? Every time you stick your butt out and try to hit me in my genitals, you’re doing it on purpose. That’s something you don’t do inadvertently and it was enough."

Perhaps it was a purposeful butt-to-the-genitals on the part of Kobe. Perhaps it wasn't. The key distinction wasn't the intent.

None of Kobe's elbows were obvious, none of them flagrant. You decided that tackling Kobe as he sliced by you in front of God and everybody was a great idea.

Do that, and you get what you deserve.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here