Monday, May 01, 2006

Is there anybody out there?

I touched on my blogging frustrations about 10 days ago. They boil down to a couple of things: time constraints and readership.

Time constraints are a fact of life. There just isn't enough time for everything I want to do. At home, at work...doesn't matter. Successful people find ways to manage their time most effectively.

When I began this last year, I had extra hours in the day to devote to reading, researching and writing. Enough so that I felt satisfied that I was meeting my own expectations for blogging. I can't say that now.

Ever since starting work in the fall, the time I've been able to devote to blogging has been curtailed. Recently it has been curtailed even more. It's all I can do--as I pointed out before--to produce 3 or 4 hastily researched and written posts that are rarely even timely and hardly revelatory. I am not satisfied with my output in the least.

The prospect for it getting better is limited moving forward as well. For the forseeable future the rest of life--work and personal matters--will command and keep priority. There is just no way around it.

As to the question of readership, the short answer is, "What readership?" On a good day we're getting 40 visits; a paltry number. Certainly Sim and I are in no position to expect the kind of numbers that even medium-sized blogs draw. Had we a plan in place for changes to My Dogs and a means to promote it, we could conceviably grow the readership, but we don't and never really have.

So here is my dilemma and the source of my frustration--less and less time to devote to something that yields little to no reward. I'm almost at wit's end as I thought more than once this last week of dropping it altogether and taking My Dogs and going home.

I need a reason to keep doing this. Anybody have a suggestion?

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here