Monday, June 27, 2005

What's one more?

I've decided I'm getting pro-active. You've been seeing me post off and on for the last three months about both of my fantasy baseball teams. You've seen me be taunted by my co-blogger and fellow owner Sim.

Well, rather than sit back and wait for the next bad-break, I've decided to get pro-active. Take this for example:

Third baseman Troy Glaus was out of the lineup Sunday after receiving a cortisone injection to help alleviate the nagging pain behind his left knee.

Manager Bob Melvin said Glaus had the shot on Saturday night and will need about 48 hours for the injection to run its course. He expects Glaus to be back in the lineup Tuesday night against the Giants after today's off day.

In weeks past, I'd have sat around and waited to read the injury report to discover that Glaus was put on the 15-day DL with an exploded knee. Not any more!

I figure I can just go ahead and de-activate Glaus pre-emptively. Saves me the frustration later on.

Why would I do this? Well, if I don't find a way to laugh, I will most definitely end up crying.



I love this game!

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here