Saturday, October 14, 2006

Part of the Process

When I read this, I wanted to weep:

Wracked by regret, Cory Lidle's father recalled yesterday how he turned down the doomed Yankee's invitation to come watch him pitch against the Detroit Tigers in the playoffs.

"'Son, I think you'll get by them,'" a weeping Douglas Lidle remembered telling his son in what turned out to be their last conversation.

After a loved one dies, regrets will want to eat you up.

My mom died on a Sunday night. The whole week prior I'd spent sick at home--yes, I was in my mid-20's and living at home. It was California where homes now cost over $600,000. It happened--and spent the entire time building precious memories I didn't know I'd keep years later.

My heart goes out to Douglas Lidle and his family, my prayers as well that they won't allow it's sudden and unexpected nature to keep Cory's death from dealing with it.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here