Saturday, September 17, 2005

Debates, debates, debates!

I've spent a good deal of time this week writing about the George Galloway-Christopher Hitchens debate. And I think I can milk it for at least one more post. Stay tuned.

However, if I'd had my druthers and it had been a geographic possibility I would have preferred to attend a different debate on Wednesday. For on Wednesday at Grand Valley State University in Michigan, historian Victor Davis Hanson debated media gadfly Arianna Huffington on the subject of "American empire." Since I wasn't able to see it, I've been desperately seeking a video feed or transcript of this event. But only now have I found a functional video feed. I'll be taking a look over the weekend and will respond with my thoughts. But in the meantime, if you are interested, you can watch the video yourself here.

As I've said in previous posts, I believe our number one national priority should be to engage in a discussion seeking to clearly define America's role in the world. This discussion was largely abandoned in the last election. We spend a lot more time discussing Lacy Peterson, the Dixie Chicks and Tara Reid than we do engaging in such a vital national dialogue. So the Hanson-Huffington debate is indeed worthy of our attention. Though I would tend to think it would be a mismatch, I feel certain that some interesting insights are there to be mined.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here