Thursday, September 15, 2005

A memo to no one in particular

Clint,

Do you recall about a year or two ago when I let slip on a message board that I'd discovered where you worked at the time? Do you recall your reaction to seeing that post?

I do. Vividly. You were right to be angry with me for sharing information that had no place there, certainly not coming at least from anyone besides you.

While I'm appreciative of free advertising, I am not particularly pleased that you took it upon yourself to link this blog at that same message board, for many of the same reasons you gave me before. That is not a friendly place, and people with a little work, now know my real name, have access to my personal email address and can even know where I live.

While I understand that blogging is a 'public' activity, there is a reason I did not publicize this on that board. I know that you have linked to your own blog many times there. You are perfectly within your right to do so, and I was perfectly within my right to maintain my privacy vis-a-vis that place and the people who populate it.

Bottom-line, what you did was un-cool. Very, very, very un-cool. Regardless of what I've come to think of you or that place, I would never have offered your blog up as an object of ridicule to that board.

Having said all that, Sim and I are agreed; if people wanna show up here and participate they are free to do so. The more the merrier. All should know though that I, unlike message board moderators, refuse to accept any nonsense of the kind to which I've been subjected to in the past.

Paul Hogue
Owner and Proprietor

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here