Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday, Family, Television and God

I'm sitting in the home office this morning, as my firm is kind enough to make Good Friday a holiday. I am thankful for that.

Yesterday our company took the afternoon off and engaged in some off-site "team-building"...read, "fun." It gave me the opportunity to get to know a couple of newer co-workers that I've not had opportunity to speak with much. I also put my bowling skills to use and won $50 bucks and another $60-some odd dollars worth of free movie tickets. Yes, I am a geek. And I'm thankful for that!

Last night as on any Thursday night, my wife and I finished our evening watching ER. This week's episode was rather poignant: former "regular," Sharif Atkins' character Michael Gallant was back in Chicago on 3-day leave from his tour as an Army doctor in Iraq. As I blogged last week, we've known for a little while now that my wife's cousin David was arriving home sometime this week after a 12-month tour. My wife received two emails yesterday, one from David's dad and another from his wife; David was on the ground and at home with his wife and kids!

At one point in last night's episode watching Gallant on the screen in his dress green's, my wife turned to me with tears in her eyes but joy in her voice to say, "David's home!" I didn't get to check the emails until this morning. From his wife, sent yesterday afternoon: David is home safe and sound!!! Just feed[sic] him lunch and now he is resting or shall I say trying to rest.....
He is, and for that I am very thankful!

Finally, I am thankful for what today means to and for the Christian. Jesus chose to love me and everybody I've ever known by giving up the riches of heaven for a criminal's death and the chance to reunite God with his highest Creation! I am most thankful for that.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here