Monday, March 14, 2005

Obligatory Sports Post

The draft is done. I have a fantasy baseball team, but how good is it? Only time will tell, but my initial misgivings have given way to guarded optimism. As optimistic as one can be drafting in the last spot anyway...

  1. I nabbed three 27-yr old wanna-be-studs-in-the-making: Brandon Inge, Brad Wilkerson and, most impressively potential 35HR/100 RBI guy, Texas OF Kevin Mench.
  2. I found a great late-round value in Washington Nationals OF, Endy Chavez. At this point, he appears set to start the season leading-off in Washington and all signs point to even more SB's than last years 32. That was with pick #201...
  3. Bobby Madritsch, SP Seattle Mariners. Who? Madritsch looks to be the 4th/5th guy in the Mariner rotation. Of note are a couple of his numbers from last year: 6-3 in 11 starts with a 3.25 ERA and WHIP of 1.25. I'll take that at pick #160 anytime.

Most of the time I hate drafting in such a position; between keepers and early picks, a guy in my position is left trying to put together a team without big-name, high profile players. Yet, I was able to plug several pieces of last year's success back into the mix: Michael Young, SS; Aramis Ramirez, 3B; Sean Casey, 1B.

All in all, I feel pretty decent about this team given the caveats above. Should my pitching, which I built around, hold up it's end of the bargain I will most definitely compete.

No comments:

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here