Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Calling all morons!

Text of spam-mail I received today:

Hello,

I am contacting you to partner with me in respect of transfer of certainfunds, which is being held in a floating account in my organization, FountainSecurities , in Madrid Spain. I am privileged to have full knowledge of theavailability of this fund due to my function and position in the organizationat present. I have to contact you because it is imperative for me have thecooperation of a foreigner to be able to transfer the fund out of my country.This fund, was deposited by Mr. George Martins, who died in 1994 withoutleaving any information of any next of kin to inherit the fund.

The accoun ttherefore has not been operated since his death.The total amount involved is Fifteen Million American Dollars. My name isDouglas Morris. I would give the details of the transfer process if I receiveyour response and am convinced that you are willing and dependable to carryout the transaction with me in absolute confidentiality. We have to establishmutual trust such that it will be glaring to both parties that we could workwith open mind. On transfer of the fund into your account, your share would be 35% of the total sum while the rest part would be for me and I intend toinvest the major part of my share in your country with your assistance.

I would appreciate if you could respond to me on my more privateemail:[deleted]

Kindly state your telephone number so that I could call you too.

I await your response.

Sincerely.

[deleted]

Yeah...let me get right on that.

2 comments:

Simian Logician said...

I get those all the time. Though I give you kudos for getting one from Spain. Mine seem to only come from Nigeria.

Paul Hogue said...

Variations on a theme.

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here