Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I feel your pain

The President apparently has had a minor mishap while bike riding in Scotland today. Hat tip to both the Corner and Drudge.

K-Lo says she saw it reported on CNN; no link at CNN.com yet however and I haven't seen it mentioned in any detail anywhere else. As K-Lo makes note, it's yet another reason for those already inclined to smirk at the President.

Lump it together with the Segue fiasco and the Great Pretzel Incident, and the President's image as most-clumsy-man ever to inhabit 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is safe. This is (as were the others) one of those things where, after it occurs and someone asks if you're hurt, you tell them, "Just my pride," laugh sheepishly and move on. It's just embarrassing.

Take it from me; I know. As an 11-year old kid I did my best to kill myself while riding my 10-speed bike. I went off the curb, my feet flying off the pedals with one lodging firmly between the spokes and the fork. Funny thing, that, when the wheel immediately stops turning as your foot hits the fork a micro-second later and you fly over the handle-bars while the entire bike flips over landing squarely on top of you.

Yep. I feel your pain Mr. President. Though, if I had to bet, you didn't suffer the ultimate indignity of then having to pick up- and carry the bike down the block back to your house.

1 comment:

Zeppellina said...

Hi there,

I am from Scotland, and there was not very much coverage of it here either.
Civil Liberties appear to be on hold here this week, due to the G8 Summit.
I have watched the news reports here with a growing sense of alarm.
The treatment of peaceful protestors by the authorities here has been shocking.
The police have been so heavy handed, that they themselves appear to have promoted most of the problems.
I am ashamed to see this happen in my own country. I thought we were better than that.

  • Better Living: Thoughts from Mark Daniels
  • Evangelical Outpost
  • One Hand Clapping
  • Camp Katrina
  • TPMCafe
  • Dodger Thoughts
  • Boy of Summer
  • Irish Pennants
  • tabletalk
  • Fire McCain
  • My Sandmen
  • Galley Slaves
  • Michelle Malkin
  • myelectionanalysis
  • Iraq the Model
  • Mystery Pollster
  • A Bellandean! God, Country, Heritage
  • Right Truth
  • The Fourth Rail
  • Counterterrorism Blog
  • Just One Minute
  • Broken Masterpieces
  • Kudlow's Money Politic$
  • Econopundit
  • Tapscott's Copy Desk
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Palousitics
  • Christian Conservative
  • Outside the Beltway
  • The Belmont Club
  • Froggy Ruminations
  • The Captain's Journal
  • Argghh!!!
  • Chickenhawk Express
  • Confederate Yankee
  • Reasoned Audacity
  • Taking Notes
  • ThisDamnBlog
  • Three Knockdown Rule
  • Dogwood Pundit
  • Dumb Looks Still Free
  • Unfettered Blather
  • Cut to the Chase
  • Alabama Improper
  • Austin Bay Blog
  • Michael Yon-Online
  • The Trump Blog
  • A Lettor of Apology
  • GM Fastlane Blog


  • Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here